Monday 18 October 2010

the art of being alone

the above is really a skill.

how many people can actually function as an individual fully i wonder. that is without any form of a community. not surprisely, i am at the far (other) end of the spectrum.

for one, I CANT EAT ALONE = when no one is around, i SKIP MEALS = when i see people eating alone, i wonder if THEY FEEL LONELY.

second, I seriously cannot cannot live each day without communicating with someone. haha. i NEED TO TALK, small talk or big talk. I NEED TO TALK.

then again, i really admire friends who can enjoy alone time - not referring to the 2 hours you spend in your room watching your favourite movie. but more of bring yourself on a date? sounds weird but people do.

some go on movie dates.
some go on lunch dates.
others even go on holiday trips. (AMAZING BTW). how do u start exclaiming when u see interesting sights with no one around you??

but the thought of me doing is not even worth entertaining. once i walked on the streets of Brisbane city, almost a whole day. (shopping is fine, cos i love shopping alone) but when lunch time came, it was dreadful.... DREADFUL!

i was famished but still self-conscious. so i walked past restaurants after restaurants, lamenting that if only i have a friend beside me, i would have long finished my food galore. so i finally popped into a small diner, (which i assume many eat-alone people would be) and ordered. food dint look appetizing despite my growling stomach. and i just couldnt wait to finish my meal.

standing ovation to my friends who have meals alone. (: you know who you are. but still, do have meals with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment