Sunday 2 August 2009

inspired

ok, gonna post quite a lot of stuff. haha, better post them all before i forget or cant be bothered to do so.

recently, i went for this OCF event known as Christmas in July. As the name implies, its a christmas event during July!This is cos all international students usually go back to their home country during the christmas holidays, so yea, they celebrate christmas 5 mths early(: anyway, it wasnt the program or the games that i was impressed with, but about a sharing by this girl i met.

she was told to share about the Christmas story, and she did, in a very interesting way.. (shall not elaborate on that). the thing that really struck me was about her passion as she share a word, how she really really wanted to put across the message of how MAJESTIC Jesus is, that even His birth was filled with incidents of miracles. I think God spoke alot to me as she shared, not exactly about the Christmas story, but how i should just stand in awe of who He is...

and coincidentally (ok, nthing is really a coincidence, maybe divine-ly), i was reading Jon Acuff's blog the night before, and he shared about the only reason why we are bobbed down by things around us is because most times, subconsciously our minds register that these "circumstances/struggles/obstacles/burdens" are more powerful than God..

Quoted from his website:
"At some point, you've had a fear you thought was more powerful than God.You lost your job and worried that unemployment was more powerful than God.You lost a boyfriend and worried that being alone was more powerful than God.You got in credit debt and worried that Visa was more powerful than God.Your dream did not turn out the right way and you thought the circumstances were more powerful than God.It's so easy to do this, but today, as new worries crop up, I'm trying to do things I little differently. With each new fear, I'm trying to stop long enough and ask myself a simple question:'Is this more powerful than God?'...

So far, every answer has come back with a resounding no. I still worry. I'll still walk through the hollow of the shadow of death from time to time, but with that question and a God that loves to answer it, I think I'm going to be alright."

i was really quite encouraged by that. and in linking to the sharing i heard, God spoke.. reminding me that He is greater than EVERY circumstance, worry and fear and all i need to do is to remember that Jesus came to save me and i can happily worship Him each day, with all that i am and have, cos He has won the victory and won it all for me and you...

one day i wanna share a word too... (:

No comments:

Post a Comment