Sunday 9 August 2009

a great "free willy" saturday!

my weekends have been super exciting so far! every week there would always be an adventure..(: yesterday, auntie esther and uncle meng, friends of my family, brought me to victor harbour and granite island. its about 1hr away from adelaide city(:
this is the causeway from victor harbour to granite island. was super good weather and was nice walking in the not-too-cold breeze! we walked 1 round around granite island, was there for about 1.5hrs, cos we just keep staring into sea, hoping to catch willy!


at the top of granite island..!


since we couldnt get to see whales at the granite island, we went to indulge in hotdog buns. This uncle was so nice to let me catch a photo of him at work..hehehe

then, we went to the info counter to ask, and they said there were whale sightings about 10mins away from victor harbour. so we rushed down, and...


we saw MANY whales, although the photo only shows one!! haha. super exciting~~


the whale is waving "HI" to me!


look at the skyline.. if only i can sit here for hours, read a book with a cup of coffee!

anyway, i must say that i have been v v blessed that my exchange has been spectacular so far, and i kindof clocked in the "most attractions visited in the shortest stay" by an international student.. haha. really thank God for auntie esther and uncle meng who always ask me to their outings on weekends...

and my exchange is not entirely about FUN of cos..haha. i have to do my work too, but most importantly, i feel God speaking alot to me, moulding me more.. its really nice being alone sometimes, and just stand in awe of His greatness and be in His presence!(:

today at church, pastor Danny was sharing about how he woke up this morning, and started praying and reciting his requests to God.. then God spoke to him, "you havent even said hi to me".. so pastor Danny started just praising God and worshipping Him, putting all his requests aside.

this really struck me. that yea, i dont just want to utter my "God please do this this this for me" list when i pray, but i want to worship Him because of who He is! because He created me...

so lets all wake up every morning and praise God and thank Him for everything we have and for His everlasting love...(:






No comments:

Post a Comment